Friday, November 18, 2011

Will.I.Am ft. Jennifer Lopez & Mick Jagger (of the Rolling Stones) - T.H.E. [The Hardest Ever]

Where to start with this musical mess? With the Black Eyed Peas soon to be on an indefinite hiatus (there is a God!), front man and producer of the group, Will.I.Am is working on his next solo album, #Willpower. Now, before I rip this song apart, let's remember the good songs Will.I.Am has been a part of...here I made a playlist for you.

Playlist

That's not even including the pre-Fergie Black Eyed Pease (which were very good) and not including how phenomenal his production used to be (He produced for Michael Jackson, Eazy-E, Britney Spears, U2, Rihanna, Usher, Justin Timberlake, Earth, Wind & Fire, Nicki Minaj, Cheryl Cole, 2NE1, Daddy Yankee, and Juanes).

Back to "T.H.E." - Okay, So the beat is electro/dance. I can get past that. Will's rapping again?! Ya----...um...yay? That was my reaction. I personally can not stand Jennifer Lopez in any way/shape/form, and that carries through on this song. Finally Mick Jagger came in to redeem the song...and I'll straight up say, he should never 'half-rap' himself...the lyrics to his part sound like Lil Wayne rejects...

Well that's my thoughts, here's the song if you want to hear it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment