Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Hyperkin's SupaBoy REVIEW



 I spotted this in my local mall's 3D Games (& Toys) and returned the next week with enough old games and accessories to get it (it runs between $85.99-89.99). This product plays SNES cartridges both on a tv/anything with appropriate inputs and on the go. It is not small, however. It is slightly larger than a DS XL (I'm approximating because I don't own a DS XL). As for gameplay, it works. There are times when the game will freeze or not load, but that happens on the original SNES as well, so it's not exactly a fault of the console. The joypad is a bit awkward - it just feels cheap and not as responsive as it should be. The audio is loud and clear, and the screen, while not huge, definitely works. One problem I've had, and it may just be my unit, is once it has erased my save on my Legend of Zelda: Link To The Past game - this is not a huge deal for me because I'm not an extremely competitive player and just throw it in when I feel like having fun, but I know this may be a deciding factor for some people out there. Also when outputting to a TV you need an actual control to play, you cannot use the system itself, but the system comes with two open controller ports. The battery life is good and rechargeable, so no complaints there. All-in-all I am happy with the SupaBoy, and while it can definitely be improved upon, it is a great product if you want to play some Super Mario World/Link To The Past/Ect. on the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment