Tuesday, July 31, 2012

New Music Tuesdays Vol 1: I/O




Alright unlike my other music segments I am going to make a harder attempt at keeping this one running.  Basically every Tuesday I am going to make a post about a lesser known artist whom I believe is talented, and this week I would like to start with the NY triple-threat (singer-producer-song writer) I/O, who just recently released his mixtape/free album 'Isolation'

I/O fits within the genre of abstract RnB being run by Frank Ocean and The Weeknd, actually he sounds like a perfect child from the two of them.  He handled most of the production (10 of the 12 songs) on his own and wrote the entire thing himself.  It's a great project.  If you enjoy Frank Ocean or The Weeknd and this experimental/abstract form of RnB then you will probably enjoy I/O, if you have not listened to much Ocean of Weeknd then maybe I/O can be your first venture into the genre, let me know what you think!  You can stream and download his project 'Isolation' for free here - http://www.djbooth.net/index/albums/review/i-o-isolation/#stream

No comments:

Post a Comment