Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Beats By Dre: Solo HD - Replacement in Progress

So in the last month and a half or so my Solo HDs have had a odd buzzing in the left cup and one of the prongs have popped out, and with the risk of further damaging I haven't tried to force it back in (have tried to gently push it back in, will add pictures) . About a week back I emailed monstercables (manufacturer of Beats) about the problem. They emailed me back today with a phone number if I'd like to call or a form if I'd like to replace the beats for a brand new pair. I would like to replace them because I love my Solo HDs, I use them for daily music listening as well as monitoring when I record my music. The form requires a copy of the receipt you received when you bought them, and to my dismay my blew away in the wind the day I got the beats. Other things needed on the form are all of your information as well as the date of purchase and retailer (mine was a physical Apple Store), and hopefully with this information I'm able to successfully replace my beats. From what I've seen Monster & Beats By Dre have very nice customer support both over email and on Beats By Dre's official facebook page (they reply to many comments over customer issues). I will update on how this plays out.

UPDATE #1 - After replying and telling them I no longer have the receipt I got a reply the next day telling me it is the receipt that validates the warranty but that they would do a one time courtesy exchange and allow me to receive a new product. They told me the new product would not have a warranty on it due to the nature of the issue. I replied asking if there is any other possible way to validate the warranty possibly with a serial number or if I could give him the exact store. Will update on how this turns out.

-Also Eminem & Royce Da 5'9'' - Fast Lane from the Bad Meets Evil EP: Hell: The Sequel is now available on iTunes, as well as the Beastie Boys: Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 (which is an amazing album, full review coming soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment