Thursday, April 28, 2011

American Tragedy Review

So I'm pretty sure you know about how Deuce was kicked out of HU, and was replaced with Danny. This is Hollywood Undead's new album. I got the deluxe version. Instead of reviewing the Album as a whole, I'm going to review each individual song. I'm going to say now though, you have to get used to not hearing Deuce. The first few songs I listened to I didn't really like because I was so used to hearing Deuce. After your psyche realizes that you won't hear Deuce in these songs, they're all pretty good.

Been to Hell
This one I really like. It utilizes Danny's yelling, which is what was used in Hear Me Now. I'm going to classify songs into three categories: party songs (ex: Everywhere I Go), and serious songs (ex: Young) and angry songs (ex: Sell Your Soul). This is an angry song.

Apologize
Party song. I don't like it as much as Been to Hell, but it's ok.

Comin' In Hot
Party song. I like this one. It has a feat., but it doesn't say who. I think it may have been Nate Dogg before he died (R.I.P.). One complaint about this song is the chorus.
I'm gonna chase this whiskey with Patron
I wanna girl in my lap with a Jagerbomb
I'm comin' in hot, ya heard me
And Ima make it rain on the girl who serves me

I drink a fifth of vodka til it's gone
And if it feels so good then it can't be wrong
I'm comin' in hot, ya heard me
We keep takin' shots, and if not, you nerdy

A complaint I have is that where it says "girl" the second time, it should say "bitch". Just sayin.
Also, I learned that it wasn't Nate Dogg... It was Funnyman... But if you listen to it, it sounds like Nate Dogg... Maybe... I'm seeing mixed sources.

My Town
I think this may be the anthem for the album. It was featured as the choice song for an NHL finals game, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFN48tYIG5Q&feature=player_embedded so yeah. I guess its a serious song.

I Don't Wanna Die
Hm... Not sure what to think about for this one. It's pretty good. I guess it's serious as well.

Gangsta Sexy
Party song. I like it.

Glory
Obvious Deuce diss... maybe... If it's not, then I wonder why they didnt save this until their last album... Serious song.

Lights Out
Deuce diss, as Ryan says. I still like it though, since I'm not really one of those people who try to understand exactly what the lyrics mean. Angry song.

Coming Back Down
This one might be a Deuce diss. Serious, but calm. I like it. It's a twist to their normal stuff. But it also might be an invite to Deuce... It almost sounds like that.

Bullet
Another calm one. Ryan says this is a diss too. It had a feat. from Mac Miller... sort of.

Levitate
Party song. I like it. Catchy.

Pour Me
So freaking sad. I was actually almost depressed after hearing this. ITS SO SAD. Its about J3T and his daughter. Most legit song on the album. A warning: Don't get this song stuck in your head like I did. You'll be miserable.

Tendencies
Angry song. Love it.

Mother Murder
Angry song. It's ok.

Lump Your Head
Love it. Serious, but with a party feel. It has someone at the beginning and I can't find out who it is, I think it's more audio files from old songs, like Comin' in Hot and Bullet.

Le Deux
Party song. I thought it was a Deuce diss at first since the title alone almost says his name, but it's not.

S.C.A.V.A.
Angry song. Love it so freaking much. It mentions J3T's daughter alot.

Sweet Dreams
The last song on the album if you don't count Hear Me Now. Great song. It's about one of two things, either hallucinating, or dreaming. I'm not sure which.

I'm giving it an 8/10. Buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment