Friday, February 11, 2011

Lady Gaga "Born This Way" Review


Before I start the review, I would like to state I have a tendency to be biased against mainstream artist such as Lady Gaga, so my review may reflect that. Do not flame me for my opinions, because that is what this is.

The Instrumental: Sounds like every other pop beat out nowadays. For a person who has an ability to get basically any producer she wanted I would expect a more original, better beat.

The Vocals: Didn't surprise or impress me in anyway. Again just another pop song.

The Lyrics/Theme: The theme has a amazing meaning and thought, and could have made a great, meaningful song, but the lyrics didn't hold up. I didn't feel the words, it seemed like it was to generic.

Overall: Overall the entire song reminded me of "When Love Takes Over" By David Guetta & Kelly Rowland but with a less interesting (in vocal abilities and style) singer and a more generic pop beat. Personally I think it could have been a great song, but didn't reach it's potential. However knowing the normal music listener it'll be called the greatest song ever and will only give me more of a reason to put on headphones than listen to the radio and hear a bunch of "Little Monsters" singing the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment